The best way to illustrate Christ’s presence in our lives is by serving in His Kingdom. That is why Confirmation candidates have the privilege and responsibility to participate in service experiences and opportunities for a minimum of twelve (12) hours.
St. Paul said, “Faith of itself, if it does not have works, is dead.” (James 2:17) As Christians we are called to serve others, especially the poor and the needy.
Moreover Jesus said, “Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.” (Matthew 25:40)
Each candidate must be encouraged to live out these words by actively serving; because it is in our service that it becomes an outward sign of our faith in Jesus Christ.
The service opportunities listed below are designed to help our youth become more involved in the life of our Church. Each youth may choose one of these projects or may choose another service experience of their own design. Any service must be done on an unpaid voluntary basis and can be related to the church or the community.
Listed below are just a few examples that Confirmation candidates may choose to become involved with:
- Babysitting on Sunday: If you love children, you can babysit during Sunday Masses 8:30AM – 12:30PM and 5:00PM – 7:00PM. Please contact Patty Jackson at 281.358.1959 ext. 250
- CCE Volunteers: Aides are needed in classrooms on Sunday morning or Wednesday evening. Volunteers would assist CCE catechists in preparing materials, putting together crafts, reading stories, and generally assisting in the classroom at all grade levels. Please contact Patty Jost at (281)358-1959 Ext. 203 (It is preferred to have a commitment for at least one semester)
- Life Teen Band: Do you want to share your musical gifts and talents? Life Teen Music Ministry is dedicated to providing quality music for engaging liturgies that draw people closer to Christ. Please contact Joy Ehrman at 281.358.1959 ext. 251
- Altar Server: You can serve as an altar server at any of the masses. Contact Gayle Hogwood at 281.713.8959
- Usher: Are you interested in serving through welcoming people to our community through your words and actions at mass? You can serve as an usher at any of the masses. Contact Barry Robichaux at 281.361.3856
- Various Service Opportunities: Volunteer at a hospital, library, etc. or volunteer to babysit for a neighbor or mow their lawn without pay.